Gooooood day everybody! I have had my iPhone 5C for about three weeks now and I must admit, this was not my first iPhone so I wasn't completely new to Apple's concept. But, repurchasing a product with a system so similar is a great compliment - apparently I really like the way iPhones work! Take that, Steve! (whoops, not Steve, but I don't know who else is in charge now).
It seems like everybody keeps on purchasing phones all the time so that made me write this article - I wanted to share my thoughts on my phone, my pros and cons seen from a 'I-was-already-an-Apple-user-but-I-upgraded' point of view. I won't be talking about the apps and stuff, just about the improved user experience.
- I upgraded from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone 5C. The iPhone 4 was pretty old and I had the 8GB version so the 5C is an update for me, both speed- and storage capacity wise. While my 4 sometimes had troubles with saving my beloved pictures because of the limited storage capacity, I won't have to worry about this with my 16GB iPhone 5C.
- The colour - while the iPhone 4 was only available in two colours (black and white), the 5C is available in 5 colours (that's why it's called a C - C stands for colour (it's like learning the alphabet boys and girls)). I have the yellow iPhone and I absolutely love it, because it's not neon-yellow but it's a little bit pastelly, which I adore.
- The speed - it's just so fast and it does never ever lag.
- The camera - I am now used to the camera experience but when I first started using my new iPhone I had to get used to the improved quality, because the iPhone 4 was just rubbish compared to this one
- What's up with the cases? If you visit a store nowadays, the only thing you see are iPhone 4/5 cases., But I never see any 5C cases? I don't mind because we have the interwebs (yay!) but this is something I did not expect.
- I don't like that you can't upgrade the storage capacity on iPhones, but I had that with my iPhone 4 as well. It's just an Apple thing, I guess.
Compared to my iPhone 4 I do not have any more cons, to be honest. I can imagine if you are an LG or Samsung or HTC or whatever-other-brand user you might not like iPhones, but I am hooked: I like the simplicity and elegance iPhones have which some Samsungs lack in my opinion (even though I have used a Samsung for quite some time and I really liked it). - Have a lovely day, love, Sjoukje.