Hello there! I have told you that I am a vegetarian before - and I have been experimenting with new recipes lately. However, sometimes you don't feel like standing in the kitchen for a few hours - and that is what this meal is perfect for!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Olive oil
- Vegetables - your faves (mine are carrots, broccoli, onions, courgette, et cetera)
- Salt & pepper - maybe some Italian spices
This is my favourite recipe for when I am eating alone: you can make as much as you want (and you'll probably be able to finish it as it is very light). It is very easy, though - so don't expect a high-end meal you can make for when the president's over or something like that. Anyway..
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
- Cut your vegetables (not too small, though - they all should be around 2/3 cm long and thick)
- Cut your garlic (if you have that little thingy many people seem to have in their kitchen, use that)
- Heat your pan (don't add the olive oil until it's really hot!)
- Now you can add the olive oil
- Bake your vegetables for about 5 minutes
- Add half a cup of water, and let it rest for a few minutes (don't forget to cover the pan up)
- Add your garlic, salt and pepper, wait a minute and serve
Like I said - it doesn't really fill you up, so you could add some bread or you could use this as a side dish for your meat and potatoes, for examples. I don't eat meat so I ate this individually (and I don't like potatoes, to be honest).
If you ever try out this recipe, let me know if you liked it & if you added different ingredients - inspire me! X