Good day everybody / This DIY is not my own, it's my mother's. My mother is a creative person and she makes creations like this one for our house every now and then and she asked me if I'd like to share this one with you. You can read about an earlier DIY right here.
This DIY is a Christmassy one: I'm sure you've seen the creative Christmas tree on Tumblr/Pinterest, you name it - and my mother wanted to create something similar for our home.
WHAT YOU NEED- Branches (we used about 20 branches), make sure they're strong!
- A rope
- Something to attach to the wall, which'll safely carry the tree
- A saw, scissors, the basic tools you use
- Protection for your floor (a towel or something)
- Christmas decorations
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Collect your branches and put them on the floor (we used the garage, so the mess was easy to clean up)
- Saw the branches, like a pyramid: each branch getting a bit shorter
- Attach the branches to eachother: spin the rope around the branches and to this for every single branch
- Attach something to the wall: a strong nail will work
- Think of something to attach to your creation which'll safely support the tree. My mother used the rope we used for the tree as well: it enhances the idea of a 'Christmas tree'.
- Carefully pick up the tree you created: make sure to attach the branches to eachother with the rope really safely and securely so it won't fall apart. You'll probably need help for this!
- Once your tree's on the wall it probably won't fall off because it's supported by the wall. You can now start decorating your tree!
Would you like to exchange your original Christmas tree for a more abstract one like ours? Or do you prefer the 'original' Christmas? Let me know in the comments below - X